Comment on page
This article walks through what it means to deploy Upsolver to Upsolver's VPC and how to do so.
This option allows you to deploy cluster servers to Upsolver's fully managed VPC, making it easy to get up and running quickly.
Before you can integrate your Upsolver account with AWS, you must have a user in AWS with permissions to:
- Run Cloud Formation scripts
- Create and manage user roles
- Create and manage S3 buckets
Before you can use Upsolver, you must integrate Upsolver into your AWS account in order to provide read and write access to the data Upsolver will be processing.
The following resources are created when you integrate with AWS using the Upsolver VPC option:
Default S3 Bucket
This is the role that Upsolver's servers use to connect to and process your data.
This bucket is used as the default output location for Upsolver outputs.
1. Log in to your Upsolver account. You will be prompted to integrate your account with AWS.
2. Decide whether or not to grant Upsolver permission to:
Create Athena tables
View Kinesis streams
This will allow for the creation and management of Athena tables for Athena outputs created in Upsolver.
This will allow Upsolver to retrieve a list of your Kinesis streams in order to create a data source.
3. Check Create a Dedicated Upsolver User. This option must be selected.
Note: When Upsolver creates a role in your AWS account it will contain the required permissions and any optional permissions selected in the previous step.
4. Check Create a Dedicated Upsolver Bucket to create a new bucket in your account that will be the default bucket Upsolver outputs and writes intermediate files to.
5. Select the region where you want to run the integration to create a VPC for Upsolver servers to run in your account.
6. Click Continue.
7. Click Launch Integration; you will be directed to a CloudFormation stack page to create the necessary resources.
8. At the bottom of the page, check the I acknowledge statement and then click Create stack.
9. Wait for the stack creation status to change from
10. Return to the Upsolver tab and wait for the integration window to indicate that the integration is complete (The Relaunch Integration button will change to Done).
11. Click Done.
You can now work in Upsolver.