Comment on page
Create an output
This article provides a general guide on how to create an output in Upsolver.
1. From the Outputs page, click New.
2. Select the desired output type.
3. Name this output.
4. If prompted, select whether the output should be Tabular or Hierarchical.
5. Select the input data source.
6. For databases, choose either to create a new table or output to an existing one.
7. Click Next.
8. Click the information icon
in the fields tree to view information about a field. The following will be displayed:
Density in Events
Density in Data
How many of the events in this data source include this field, expressed as a percentage (e.g. 20.81%).
The density in the hierarchy (how many of the events in this branch of the data hierarchy include this field), expressed a percentage.
How many unique values appear in this field.
The total number of values ingested for this field.
The first time this field included a value, for example, a year ago.
The last time this field included a value, for example, 2 minutes ago.
Field Content Samples Over Time
The percentage distribution of the field values. These distribution values can be exported by clicking Export.
A time-series graph of the total number of events that include the selected field.
The most recent data values for the selected field and columns. You can change the columns that appear by clicking Choose Columns.
9. Click the information icon
next to a hierarchy element (such as the overall data) to review the following metrics:
# of Fields
# of Keys
# of Arrays
The number of fields in the selected hierarchy.
The number of keys in the selected hierarchy.
The number of arrays in the selected hierarchy.
A stacked bar chart (by data type) of the number of fields versus the density/distinct values or a stacked bar chart of the number of fields by data type.
A list of the fields in the hierarchy element, including Type, Density, Top Values, Key, Distinct Values, Array, First Seen, and Last Seen.
10. Click the plus icon
in the fields tree to add a field from the data source to your output. This will be reflected under the Data Source Field in the Schema tab. If required, modify the Output Column Name and the Column Type.
Note: All numbers are mapped to doubles by default. Change this to
BIGINTif you know that your numbers are integers.
12. Add any required lookups and review them under the Calculated Fields tab.
14. Click Make Aggregated to turn the output into an aggregated output. Read the warning before clicking OK and then add the required aggregation. This aggregation field will then be added to the Schema tab. See: Aggregation functions
16. If applicable, partition the data by clicking More > Manage Partitions and then selecting the following:
- Key: Partitions the data table using one or more fields (or calculated fields)
- Partitioning Time: Partitions the data table using a specific time field
17. If applicable, keep only the latest event per upsert key by clicking More > Manage Upserts and selecting the following:
- Keys: A unique key identifying a row in the table
- Deletions: The delete key (events with the value true in their deletion key field will be deleted)
Click Preview at any time to view a preview of your current output.
18. Click Run and fill out the required fields to properly deploy your output.