Create an Amazon S3 data source
Upsolver supports ingesting all data formats from various data source types including but not limited to:
Upsolver can read events directly from your Amazon S3 bucket where the data should be partitioned by event date.
This guide is using COVID-19 data from Amazon AWS, but you can also follow along with your own dataset.
2. Create a S3 bucket in your own AWS account with data partitioned by date. Since the data set being used here is from July 1, 2020, put the CSV file under
1. From your Upsolver UI, click on New Data Source.
2. Select Amazon S3 as your data source type.
3. Since Upsolver is integrated with your S3 storage, your buckets are automatically detected. Select the bucket in which your data is located.
4. The Date Pattern should match how S3 bucket data is partitioned from step 2.
5. Choose CSV as the Content Format.
For CSV files, you should check Infer Types if you wish to auto-detect data types; otherwise, Upsolver will take in each field as a string.
You can also optionally define the headers of the columns you want to load under Header and define your own delimiter under Delimiter.
6. Click Continue.
7. Click Launch Integration to integrate your S3 bucket with Upsolver; a CloudFormation page will open up in a new tab.
8. Scroll down the CloudFormation page and check the I acknowledge statement. Then click on Create stack.
9. Within a minute or so, the stack should be fully created, indicated by its status which should now be
10. Go back to the Upsolver UI and click on Done.
11. You will be shown a sample of the parsed data. If everything looks OK, click Create.