This article provides an introduction to Amazon Redshift along with a guide on creating an Amazon Redshift data output using Upsolver.
What is Amazon Redshift?
Amazon Redshift is a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud.
An Amazon Redshift data warehouse is a collection of computing resources called nodes, which are organized into a group called a cluster. Each cluster runs an Amazon Redshift engine and contains one or more databases.
Create an output to Amazon Redshift
1. Go to the Outputs page and click New.
2. Select Amazon Redshift as your output type.
3. Name your output and select your Data Sources.
4. Select New to create a new table or Existing to output to an existing table. Then click Next.
10. Through the Filters tab, add a filter like WHERE in SQL to the data source.
11. Click Make Aggregated to turn the output into an aggregated output.
Read the warning before clicking OK and then add the required aggregation.
This aggregation field will then be added to the Schema tab.
12. In the Aggregation Calculated Fields area under the Calculated Fields tab, add any required calculated fields on aggregations.
See:Functions, Aggregation functions
13. To keep only the latest event per upsert key, click More > Manage Upserts then select the following:
Keys: A unique key identifying a row in the table
Deletions: The delete key (events with the value true in their deletion key field will be deleted)