This article provides an introduction to Apache Kafka along with a guide on how to create a Kafka data output using Upsovler.
What is Apache Kafka?
Apache Kafka is an open-source stream-processing software platform developed by the Apache Software Foundation, written in Scala and Java. The project aims to provide a unified, high-throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time data feeds.
Create a Kafka data output
1. Go to the Outputs page and click New.
2. Select Kafka as your output type.
3. Name your output and select whether the output should be Tabular or Hierarchical.
After adding your Data Sources, click Next.
9. Through the Filters tab, add a filter like WHERE in SQL to the data source.
10. Click Make Aggregated to turn the output into an aggregated output.
Read the warning before clicking OK and then add the required aggregation.
This aggregation field will then be added to the Schema tab.
11. In the Aggregation Calculated Fields area under the Calculated Fields tab, add any required calculated fields on aggregations.
See:Functions, Aggregation Functions
Click Preview at any time to view a preview of your current output.