Upsolver supports sending data to various data outputs including but not limited to:
Amazon RedShift Spectrum
Microsoft Azure storage
This guide provides a very simple data output without any complex transformations from the data source. However, Upsolver has many powerful transformation features; future guides will go over each feature in detail.
Create a new data output
1. Create a new data output by clicking on Output and New Output.
2. Select Amazon Athena as your output type.
3. Provide a name for the data output. In this case, we will use the name covid_data_demo_athena. Make sure it’s mapped to an existing data source; then click Next.
4. Choose the columns that you want to output to Athena. By clicking on the plus icon
next to the field name.
Add the following columns:
There are many powerful capabilities available such as aggregations, filters, calculations, lookup tables for joining,and more. These features will be covered on a later guide.
5. Click Preview to check that the output data is as expected, then click Run.
6. Make sure an existing Athena database is available for the output. If not, create a new database.
7. Fill out the Athena database and table information for output then click Next.
8. Choose the time period for the data that you want to load then click Deploy.
Access your data in Athena
1. Verify a table was automatically created under the database and table name defined previously in step 7.
2. Run the following query in Athena. The query shows the number of seniors from each continent according to the data set.
SELECTCOUNT(aged_70_older)AS number_of_seniors, continent, new cases
FROM<your table name>
GROUPBY continent, new_cases
ORDERBY new_cases DESC;
Success! Congratulations, you have created your first Upsolver data output.