Amazon S3 over SQS data source
This article provides a guide on how to create an Amazon S3 over SQS data source in Upsolver.
1. From the Data Source page, click New.
2. Select S3 Over SQS.
As you fill in the fields, the top matching files with their dates appear in the Preview pane on the right.
3. Name this data source.
4. From the Source Storage dropdown, select the Amazon S3 over SQS connection to read from (or create a new one).
5. (Optional) Enter in the prefix that is used to determine whether to create a notification on the event that was published to the S3 bucket.
Amazon S3 allows notifications on buckets using a prefix and suffix.
Any new file in the S3 bucket should only trigger one notification.
The prefix/suffix combination must uniquely identify files.
You cannot specify a prefix/suffix combination in a different data source that would conflict (e.g. given the same suffix, if you specify abc as a prefix in this data source, you cannot specify abc2 in a different data source as this would not be unique).
6. (Optional) Enter in the suffix that is used to determine whether or not to create a notification on the event that was published to the S3 bucket.
7. Select the content format. This is typically auto-detected, but you can manually select a format.
may appear. This warning can be ignored for POCs (proof of concept).
For production environments, this indicates that if you run your task retroactively (Start Ingestion From), your compute cluster will process a burst of additional tasks, possibly causing delays in outputs and lookup tables running on this cluster.
To prevent this, go to the Clusters page to edit your cluster and set the Additional Processing Units For Replay to a number greater than 0.
9. Select a target storage connection (or create a new one) where the data read will be stored (output storage).
10. (Optional) Under Start Ingestion From, select the time from which to start ingesting the files. It is important to set this option so that the data is spread out properly over the date range.
Click Show Advanced Options to configure:
- End Read At
- KMS Key
Otherwise, skip to step 13.
11. (Optional) Under End Read At, select the time to stop reading the data. This is useful if you want to stop processing a data stream.
13. If enabled, specify a retention period in Upsolver for the data.
After this time period elapses, the data will be deleted forever.
14. Click Continue. A preview of the data will appear.
15. For CSV, select a Header.
16. Click Continue again.
Parsed data samples will appear and you can review the Sample Size, Parsed Successfully, and # of Errors.
17. (Optional) If there are any errors, click Back to change the settings as required.
18. Click Create.
You can now use your S3 Over SQS data source.