This article provides a guide on creating a MySQL connection in Upsolver.
1. Enter the connection string in the following format:
HOST= host name (e.g. database instance endpoint in AWS RDS)
PORT= port number
DB_NAME= database name
2. Enter your MySQL database username.
3. (Optional) Enter the corresponding password.
4. Name this connection.
5. (Optional) Enter in the number of concurrent connections.
If you have trouble connecting, it may be a network and security issue. To fix this in AWS RDS, you can:
- 1.make your instance publicly accessible under the Properties tab
- 2.reconfigure the inbound rules for your instance's VPC security group (allow all traffic from all sources)