This article provides an introduction to Microsoft SQL Server along with a guide on creating a Microsoft SQL Server data output using Upsolver.
What is Microsoft SQL Server?
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications—which may run either on the same computer or on another computer across a network.
Create a Microsoft SQL Server data output
1. Go to the Outputs page and click New.
2. Select Microsoft SQL Server as your output type.
3. Name your output and select your Data Sources.
4. Select New to create a new table or Existing to output to an existing table. Then click Next.
10. Through the Filters tab, add a filter like WHERE in SQL to the data source.
11. Click Make Aggregated to turn the output into an aggregated output.
Read the warning before clicking OK and then add the required aggregation.
This aggregation field will then be added to the Schema tab.
12. In the Aggregation Calculated Fields area under the Calculated Fields tab, add any required calculated fields on aggregations.
See:Functions, Aggregation functions
13. To keep only the latest event per upsert key, click More > Manage Upserts then select the following:
Keys: A unique key identifying a row in the table.
Deletions: The delete key (events with the value true in their deletion key field will be deleted).