Comment on page
This article provides an overview of reference data along with guides on how to upload and delete reference data.
You can upload reference data, for example, if you purchase third-party data by either importing a file or linking to the data by configuring a connection and file path.
Click More > Reference Data to navigate to the Reference Data page; there you will find the following information displayed:
The name of the reference data.
The file path to the reference data.
The file type of the reference data (e.g. Avro, Parquet, ORC, JSON, CSV, TSV, x-www-form-urlencoded, Protobuf, Avro-record, Avro with Schema Registry).
The number of fields in the reference data.
The number of rows in the reference data.
A description of the reference data.
1. From the Reference Data page, click New.
3. Click Preview to see a preview of the file and the # of Rows, # of Fields, and Stream Size.
4. Click Save.
The reference data is added and appears in the table in the Reference Data page.
1. Click Import.
2. Select the desired file and click Open.
3. Once the file is uploaded, the file name and the format is autodetected.
4. (Optional) Click Copy to copy the location of the uploaded file. The location includes the S3 default output storage and the file path (e.g.
s3://<bucket-name>/reference-data/d97bf6a1-e41a-42b1-af49-6b8702761576/1000 Sales Records.csvwhere
reference-data/d97bf6a1-e41a-42b1-af49-6b8702761576/1000 Sales Records.csvis the file path).
2. Change the name if required.
3. Select the content format and fill in the corresponding fields if necessary.
Auto Detect Types
For CSV, TSV and x-www-form-urlencoded formats, you can select to auto detect the types.
For CSV and TSV formats, the content header. If you only add details for one column, additional columns will be labeled as overflow columns.
For CSV format, the delimiter between columns of data.
For CSV format, the value to be interpreted as a null value.
For Protobuf format, you can click Select to choose the required schema files.
For Protobuf format, select the main file from the list of selected schema files.
For Protobuf format, enter the message type.
When you delete reference data, the link to the reference data is removed from Upsolver. The data itself is not deleted.
- 1.Click MORE.
- 2.Select Reference Data.