Deploy Upsolver on your AWS account
This page provides a tutorial on how to deploy Upsolver to your private VPC.
Note: You may prefer to deploy the processing on your own AWS account. In any event, data is never stored on the Upsolver AWS account.
1. In the Integrate Upsolver with your AWS Account window, click click here.
The message displayed
2. Decide whether or not to grant Upsolver permission to:
Create Athena tables
View Kinesis streams
This will allow for the creation and management of Athena tables for Athena outputs created in Upsolver.
This will allow Upsolver to retrieve a list of your Kinesis streams in order to create a data source.
4. Check Create a Dedicated Upsolver User. This option must be selected.
Note: When Upsolver creates a role in your AWS account it will contain the required permissions and any optional permissions selected in the previous step.
5. Check Create a Dedicated Upsolver Bucket to create a new bucket in your account. This will be the default bucket that intermediate files and Upsolver outputs are written to.
6. Select the cluster deployment method. To use your own VPC in your AWS account, select My VPC, My VPC with Spotinst Account, or My Existing VPC.
Note: This only affects where the processing servers are deployed, as your data is never stored on the Upsolver AWS account and never leaves your AWS bucket.
8. In the Ingress Traffic CIDR List field, enter a comma-separated list of CIDR ranges from which the local API server will be accessible.
By default, this field contains 0.0.0.0/0 (meaning that all the machines inside the VPC have access) and your current IP address.
You should add your office IP and any other IP from which you would like to be able to use Upsolver.
9. Check Allow Upsolver Access to add Upsolver's office IP address to the ingress permissions for the VPC. This will allow Upsolver to easily assist you with any issues or questions.
10. If you selected My VPC with My Spotinst Account as your cluster deployment type, fill in your AWS Spotinst token and account ID.
11. If you selected My Existing VPC as your cluster deployment type, configure the following options:
Enter in the ID of the VPC you wish to use.
Fill in the list of subnets to deploy Upsolver servers in by inputting their availability zone and subnet ID. You can also import this information from a CSV.
Note: The subnets must have outbound internet traffic access.
If you're using Spotinst, you can optionally also enter in your token and account ID that will give Upsolver permissions to create machines in your AWS environment.
12. Select the region where you want to run the integration to create a VPC for Upsolver servers to run in your account.
13. Click Continue.
14. Click Launch Integration; you will be directed to a CloudFormation stack page to create the necessary resources.
15. At the bottom of the page, check the I acknowledge statement and then click Create stack.
16. Wait for the stack creation status to change from
17. Return to the Upsolver tab and wait for the integration window to indicate that the integration is complete (The Relaunch Integration button will change to Done).
18. Click Done.
You can now work in Upsolver.