Upsolver can load data into many databases including Snowflake. This guide creates a Snowflake data output. It uses a key to perform Upsert to a table. This feature can be used for loading CDC data to Snowflake database.
This guide uses an example where the existing Snowflake table has the following data.
Now let’s take a look at how Upsert works in Upsolver.
1. Click on Outputs on the left and then click New on the right upper corner.
2. Select Snowflake as your data output.
3. Give your data output a name. Define your Data Sources and select whether is a new table or an existing table.
4. Click Next.
5. Under Snowflake Connection, select Create a new Snowflake Connection.
6. Fill out the connection string for Snowflake. Also enter your Snowflake user name and password. Provide a name for this output connection. Click Create.
7. Provide details for your Snowflake environment including Snowflake schema and table name. Provide an intermediate storage location for data to be stored before merging to a Snowflake table. Click Next.
1. Select the SQL window from the upper right hand corner. Keep in mind that everything that you do on the UI will be reflected in SQL and vice versa.
2. The sample SQL uses the
REPLACE ON DUPLICATE data.key statement to perform the Upsert.
3. Click Run in the upper right hand corner.
4. Choose the compute cluster and the time range that you wish to load your data from, then click Deploy.
5. Wait for a moment for the data to output to Snowflake.