Amazon Redshift Output
Amazon Redshift is a fully managed Data Warehouse by Amazon which allows one to query their data using standard SQL queries. Upsolver supports exporting your processed data into Redshift for you. Upsolver will export your data in batches to ensure good performance of loads into Redshift, you can select this batch interval when creating your output.
Creating A New Amazon Redshift Output
First, ensure you have a table ready in Amazon Redshift which you would like to export to, then follow these steps:
- In the Outputs tab click Add Output.
- Give the output a name in the Name field and optionally provide a description for this output in Description field.
- If you want to aggregate your data (see Aggregating Data) check the Aggregate Data checkbox.
- In the Data Source drop down menu select the Data Source you would like to create this output from. If you do not yet have a Data Source you can create one from this menu.
- In the Output To menu select Amazon Redshift.
- In the Connection menu select the connection to the Redshift Cluster you would like to export to. If you have not yet configured a connection you can create one from this menu. Make sure the user provided has Read and Write permissions for the relevant table.
- Click Next.
- In the Schema field select the schema in your database which contains the table you would like to export to.
- In the Table field select the table you would like to export data to.
- In the S3 Connection select the connection to the S3 bucket where you would like Upsolver to store the batch files to load into Redshift.
- If you would like to have the files written to a certain prefix within the bucket you provided, type that prefix in the Path field.
- Click Next.
- You will now see a list of all the columns in that table, you can configure which field gets mapped to each column in the same manner described in Configuring Schema And Filters. Optionally you can also add filters to limit the data exported to Redshift.
- When ready, start running your output.